The Behringer X AIR XR12 is a 12 channel mixer for iPad and Android tablets. It has 4 programmable MIDAS Preamps, 8 line inputs, an integrated WiFi module and a multi-channel USB audio interface. The XR12 is ideally suited for both live and studio applications. The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS, Android and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue or tracking room.
Built In Wi-Fi
The XR12 comes with integrated WiFi for increased mobility. The XR12 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist's perspective - or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator. X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with several live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the XR12's gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each other. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
4 Effects Engines
Equipped with the very same FX engines as the X32, the onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics - plus the XR12 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.
You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer doesn't have to do the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins as the XR12 has a whole studio of FX under it's hood. All effects run inside the low-latency environment of the X12 mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults forever.
100-Band RTA for all Channels/Bus EQs
The XR12 includes a high-resolution 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA), with full Bar and Spectrograph views. This high-resolution RTA displays the audio energy distribution in 100 frequency bands over time - capturing a sonogram window of a full 10 seconds.
Switch between the Large RTA view, displaying any available signal in full screen resolution, or the Combined RTA view shown above each of the channel and bus EQ curves - and see the results of your filtering choices. Additionally, the RTA can be displayed on top of the 31-band graphic EQs in the Main LR or Aux buses. Monitoring and controlling frequencies has never been easier.
Uncompromised Channel Processing
The XR12 allows you to achieve the same incredible level of EQ finesse as the award-winning X32 thanks to its 100-band Real Time Analyzer, which is built into every input channel and bus EQ. Visual feedback built into the control app allows you to see and make fast, surgical adjustments to frequencies in need of a boost or a cut.
Every input channel also features Low-Cut, 4-band fully parametric EQ and the same Gate and Compressor dynamics suite found in the X32 - with one very special addition; you can choose either Expert or Simple functionality. In Expert mode, you can drill down and get your hands on every nuance of your dynamics. Or, if you're more of the 'plug and play' type, Simple mode lets you either select from one of our 4 carefully-optimised presets - or load your own channel templates. Add to this 40-Bit, floating-point DSP and you'll experience virtually "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency.
In addition to the Main L/R bus for Front of House, 6 Aux buses are provided for dialing in the perfect monitor mixes, or creating a dedicated mix for your USB stereo recording - complete with inserts, dynamics, and either a 6-band parametric EQ or 31-band graphic EQ. 100-band RTAs are available for these too.
MIDI In/Out for Live Performance Controllers
The physical MIDI I/O port on the XR12 mixer can also be used for connecting external MIDI controllers, such as our X-TOUCH or B-CONTROL products, for dynamically controlling channel level, muting and panorama adjustments during your performance. And since the full-featured XR12 also supports the Mackie Control protocol, you easily apply comprehensive remote editing and parameter adjustments via any compatible MIDI devices.
Dedicated Apps and Software
Behringer has provided apps for all the most popular devices and operating systems. They engaged dedicated development teams for iOS*, Android*, PC/Mac* and Linux* based applications for the XR12 mixer. When you download an XR12 app for your OS, you can rest assured that you will get the fully optimised experience Behringer intended.
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 12-input digital mixer for studio and live applications
- 4 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps ensure audiophile sound quality
- Built-in Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation - no need for external routers
- USB connector for uncompressed stereo WAV recording and playback
- Revolutionary Dugan-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- Award-winning X32 effects rack with 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQs
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and on-stage applications
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 2 TRS aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-bit floating-point DSP features ''unlimited'' dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (including Mackie Control protocol)
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Designed and engineered in Germany
- Power Consumption: 30W
- Switch-Mode Power Supply: Autorange 100-240V (50Hz/60Hz)
- Dimensions: 333mm x 149mm x 95mm / 13.1'' x 5.9'' x 3.7''
- Weight: 2.4kg / 5.3lbs
- Processing Channels:
- 12 Input Channels
- 4 FX Return Channels
- 6 Aux Buses
- 1 Stereo USB Return Channel
- Main LR
- Internal Effects Engines: 4 True Stereo
- Signal Processing: 40-Bit Floating Point
- A/D-D/A Conversion: 24-Bit @ 44.1kHz/48kHz, 114dB Dynamic Range
- Cirrus Logic A/D CS5368, D/A CS4385
- Analog I/O Latency: 0.8ms
- Programmable Mic Preamps: 4 x XLR/TRS Combo Jacks, Balanced
- Preamps: Designed by MIDAS
- Line/Aux Inputs: 8 x TRS, Balanced
- Main Outputs: 2 x XLR, Balanced
- Aux Outputs: 2 x TRS, Balanced
- Phones Output: 1 x TRS
- MIDI I/O: 1/1 DIN
- Ethernet: 1 x RJ45
- Audio/MIDI Interface: 1 x USB Type A
- Antenna: External, SMA Connector, 50Ω
- Access Point: Maximum 4
- Frequency Range: 2,412MHz - 2,462MHz
- WLAN Channels: 1-11
- Maximum Output Power: 19dBm (802.11 b) / 18dBm (802.11 g)