HIWATT T40 HD 40W/20W Head Tube Series Amplifier Class A.
Welcome to the listing of this classic British brand of amplifiers. The long-awaited TUBE SERIES series are back and are now available a-Gain! The 40/20W Head was designed for those guitar players who want a big classic Hiwatt sound in a versatile and portable format, which can be used in environments like rehearsals, gigs and studio.
In STUDIO mode the amp will produce 20W of valve power (just like the T20 Combo). This setting will deliver richer 3th & 5th harmonics at higher gain & master volumes by driving the 2 x EL84 in the power stage. In this mode the 1st and 4th valves will not operate due to the variable output transformers.
In STAGE mode this combo will deliver 40W of even harmonics with more attack just like an AC30 would do but with more Hiwattitude. A Hiwatt HG212 cabinet can be paired with the head for a perfect combination. It sounds great with any guitar especially great for single coil pickups.
Best seller in the T-Series.
Switchable from 20 watts to 40 watts.
The T40 Head is the equivalent of the Custom Shop Studio/Stage SS212 40w Head. You can drive it to get that singing, cranked Hiwatt tone whilst leaving the plasterwork intact! For all intents and purposes a T20 with double the output power.
- Front Panel Controls: MAINS SWITCH, STANBY SWITCH, 40W/20W SWITCH, MASTER VOLUME, REVERB, TREBLE, MIDDLE (PULL TONE SHIFT), BASS, OVERDRIVE GAIN, NORMAL GAIN, CHANNEL SWITCH NORMAL/OVERDRIVE, INSTRUMENT INPUT
- Back Panel Features: FOOTSWITCH INPUT CHANNEL/REVERB, EFFECTS LOOP SEND & RETURN, EMULATED SPEAKER OUTPUT, EXTERNAL SPEAKER
- Output Power: 20W or 40W
- Valves: 4 x EL84’s, 2 x ECC83/12AX7’s, 1 x ECC81/12AT7
- Dimensions (Unboxed) L x H x D: 55 x 25 x 25 cm
- Weight (Unboxed): 12,35 kg
- Options (Sold Separately): Footswitch FS-201, External Cabinets HG112/HG212/HG412 (see pictures in the listing; please note the extra cabinets are shown for illustration purposes only and are sold separately: please scroll through our listings).