Sonnemo Guitars, handmade instruments with the tone and quality you've been searching for!
Sonnemo Guitars passions is “Relicing”, which simply put means to age or antiquate guitars and/or guitar parts, so that they will have the look and feel of a vintage instrument. Sonnemo Guitars tries to keep their relics as realistic as possible, so that the instrument will look and feel natural and “right” when you play them.
Sonnemo Guitars also makes what we call “Effect Relic”. This entails pushing the envelope, in order to make the relic as eye-catching as possible. This type of relic should be seen more as a work of art, as it is not about making the instrument look vintage correct.
Then comes the most important part! The guitar should feel and sound just right for you! You want your instrument to feel like an old friend. As Mattias has worked as a musician for a long time he knows first hand what it means to have a instrument you count on when out on tour far from home. And he has always put high demands on his instruments, which is a standard he has brought with him into his builds.
Sonnemo Guitars can give you the best of both worlds. You will get the look and feel of much played, much loved vintage instrument, but with the stability and precision derived from modern building techniques. In other words, you can buy a guitar that looks like a vintage instrument, but with modern specs should you choose, or you can buy a guitar with vintage-correct specs in every detail if you so desire.
Sonnemo Guitars also builds non-relic custom guitars if you so desire, relic or no, these are custom-built instruments at their best!
At Sonnemo Guitars we also manufacture hand-wound pickups to retain maximum control of the final sound of the guitar, which means you can get a truly unique signature tone here, that you can’t find anywhere else. SO if you want a truly custom built guitar, we are here for you!
Sonnemo Custom vintage J bass
- Model: Sonnemo Custom
- Vintage J bass
- Colors: Fiesta red, Custom green,Custom blue, Olypic white, 3tone sunburst, 2tone sunburst and much more. All colors available in the guitar vintage series can be selected for our basses to.
- Lacquer: Cellulose
- Relic Treatment: light,medium,heavy
- Body: Alder or Ash
- Pickguard: White,mint green,black, Tortoise
- Pickups: SS
- Body Contours: Standard arm and belly cut, Extremecontours as a custom option.
- Electronics: Volume,Volume Tone.
- Neck Wood: Europian maple or Roasted maple, Mahogny (flame maple and other wood types are customoder options.)
- Headstock: Standard sonnemo J bass headstock (see pictures)
- Fretboard Wood: Maple,roasted maple, Rosewood, Ebony,ziricote, zebrano.
- Truss rod: Dual acting, Adjusting at headstock
- Radius: 12" radius
- Frets: Stainless steel jescar jumbo frets ( Jescar 57110-S) or
- Jescar Narrow and tall Stainless steel frets (Jescar 55090S)
- (other size of fretwire are available as custom option)
- Width at nut: 39mm
- Neck Profile:
- Thin C, Medium C, medium+ C, Fat C (other profiles are custom oder options)
- Dots: Real Clay Dots, cream and Black (omni inlay at 12th fret are available as custom opition,see picture on gold bass)
- Tuners:Gotoh Resolight
- Bridge/tremolo: Gotoh bridge