Ashdown OriginAL 300 Watt Basso nuppi
Ashdown Origin Head 300 Watt Bass Amplifier Head
The OriginAL clinches the key fundamentals of everything that makes a great bass amp. This lightweight, portable and stripped back bass amp head takes Ashdown back to the origin of their Tone.
Starting from the top, a passive/active switch determines the whether the amp is being used with a high or low output instrument and sets a clear signal path to the input control. From here, the player can fine-tune their input level using Ashdown’s trademark VU meter, which takes pride of place at the very centre of the amp head.
Simple yet Powerful EQ
With the signal at its optimal level, you then hit a defined set offeatures designed enhance your tone. The OriginAL features a tried and tested 5-band EQ, controlling your traditionalbass, middle and treble with a lo-mid and hi-mid sitting comfortably either side of the variable middle control. The additional Shapecontrol further sculpts your tone, lifting the frequencies that really count – like a smiley face on a graphic equalizer.
The output control regulates the output volume of the amp and wrappingup the features on the front panel is an easy to reach DI output, as well asan independent FX send and return, which allows the amp to set a veryclear signal path with no interruptions.
Create the Perfect Rig
To the rear of this condensed unit is a very well considered headphone out, which doubles this gig-ready head as a great home practice device. 2 x jack speaker outputs with a minimum 4 ohm load provides flexible partnering options with Ashdown’s existing range of bass cabinets
Ready for the Road
The OriginAL is a rugged little go-getter, using scuff proof paintover its steel & aloy chassis. Retaining a nice yet practical weightto it, with quality feeling control pots, The OriginAL is built tolast a lifetime. Offered with a 5 year warranty, The OriginALcomes complete with auto protect voltage for global touringmusicians and an adaptive temperature controlled fan for roadand studio use.
- Power Output 300 Watts
- Power Requirement 115-230 Volts
- Speaker Outputs 2 x Jack outputs
- High Instrument Input Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20mV p-p
- Low Instrument Input Impedance - 1M ohms Input range 150mv to 10v p - p
- Line Input Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- DI Output 600 Ohm balanced / Level -20dBu nominal
- Impedance Minimum 4 Ohm
- Signal to noise Better than 80dB (EQ flat)
- EQ Bass +/-15dB @ 100Hz Lo Mid +/-15dB @ 220Hz
- Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz Hi Mid +/-15dB @ 1.6kHz
- Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz
- Effects Send impedance 22k Ohm / Level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return impedance 22k Ohm / Level 0dBu nominal
- Weight (kg) 2.4kg