Laboga The Beast Classic 30W combo
The Laboga Beast Classic amplifier is an all tube design compressed in a very lightweight and small box. It's designed for people who love pure tube tone and for people who are bored with carrying heavyweight tube "monsters". An experienced musician, as well as a beginner, will definitely appreciate a few unique features, which makes The Beast so much versatile, so it can be used in the studio, on stage and also at home using headphones.
The amplifier has three channels: clean, crunch and drive. The clean and crunch share the same knobs (gain and character), but the drive has separate gain knob and two point EQ controller (bass and treble) with “Mid. Switch” onboard. Master section allows volume control.
The clean channel, at the max. setting saturates a bit, but not as much as it does on the crunch channel, which quite reminds an overdriven old vintage amp. Drive channel though, is not a usual modern high gain but more of classic 80’s hard drive. It has less gain then in the previous model The Beast 30+.
The drive channel has a standard 2 point EQ: Bass and Treble. Middle knob is not present on the front panel, but the circuit work as it was one with fixed setting. The “Mid. Switch”, solution taken from Mr. Hector amp, has two positions and makes the Drive channel more versatile, because it changes the way EQ works (mostly in mid. frequencies).
The effects loop equipped with level switch allows to use a regular stomp box (-10dB) as well as professional effect modules (+4dB). Additionally, the Return socket can work as a line input.
The combo version uses one Celestion Seventy 80 12” speaker. It has a lot of headroom with its 70W power capacity. This helps the amp to produce distinct and clear powerful sound.
- output power: 30W / 15W (switched) using 4 x EL84,Celestion Seventy 80 12”speaker
- all tube preamplifier using 2 x 12AX7,
- three channels – clean, crunch and drive (high gain),
- separate tone control for both channels,
- effects loop with level switch (+4dB/-10dB),
- headphones output with second generation speaker emulation,
- built-in Di-Box (with speaker emulation) in balanced line out XLR,
- silent play/record (built-in fake speaker load),
- master volume, clean channel - volume, drive channel- gain and volume,
- relays channel switching,double footswitch socket (channels),
- speaker outputs: 4 ohm, 8 ohm, 16 ohm,
- dimensions (width x depth x height): 450 x 225 x 200 mm,
- weight: 15,5 kg.