Taurus Cube 450W, compact bass head
Taurus Qube - 450 bass head is the smallest and the lightest bass amplifier in Taurus' amps line. The compact size of the head is attained by applying the newest, most advanced technology. The SMPS (Switching Mode Power Supply) power supply and Class D power amplifier in conjuction with classic analog preamp provide great efficency, power, dynamics and sound selectivity.
MLO it is unique equalizer for bass guitar designed by Taurus Amp.
The MLO (Mid-Level Optimization) system is Taurus’ proprietary system, allowing for easy, intuitive and extremely comfortable optimization of the overall sound of the bass guitar.
The MLO System provides all-new possibilities. It ensures the most accurate proportion of medium frequencies in accordance with your manual settings of bass and trebles. This very intuitive and logical system supports a musician's choice for the most desirable sound.
In addition, the MLO equalizer ensures virtually no change in overall volume while changing the bass frequencies. Unlike most amps, when adjusting bass frequency, the musician notices a change in the sound not the volume.
To sum up, the equalisation in the MLO keeps you within the correct range, at the same time allowing you to use the maximum potential of equalization of the bass sound. This is a big advantage compared to a classic solution, where you need to watch certain frequencies carefully to avoid overloading the speakers.
As all Taurus amps, the Qube - 450 is very easy to operate. The MLO system equalization control achieves easy and intuitive tailored sound. This sound correction simplifies finding the right tone colour of the instrument.
Power output: 450W RMS / 4ohm , 300W RMS / 8ohm
Main Features: analog preamp / PA class-D / SMPS
Inputs: passive & active
- GAIN control
- VOLUME control
- BASS and TREBLE equalizer with "MLO system" (Middle-range Level Optimization).
- Triple BASS-switch to reduce or boost low frequency [DBS-cut/OFF/DBS-boost]
- Triple TREBLE-switch to reduce or boost high frequency [CUT/OFF/PRESENCE]
- PUNCH button - increases sonic expression. Two different sound modes available Punch-1 and Punch-2
MLO EQ - TECH INFO:
- BASS: 40Hz +/-10dB @400Hz -/+4dB
- BASS Boost/Cut: 60Hz +/-6dB
- MIDDLE: 2kHz +7dB / 550Hz -7dB
- TREBLE: 6kHz +15dB / 8kHz -15dB,
- TREBLE Boost/Cut: 6kHz +8dB/-10dB
- PUNCH Low (A): 300Hz +6dB
- PUNCH High(B): 950Hz +6dB
Protections: short circuit, thermal overload, power overload
Forced cooling system
Casing dimensions: [H x W x D] 66x190x240mm
Overall dimensions: [H x W x D] 66x190x270mm
Weight: 2.6 kg