Airline Map Bass 30,5"
NATIONAL MAP Guitars were made in the USA from 1958-64 by VALCO and sold through Montgomery Ward. This AIRLINE® MAP BASS is a tribute to the NATIONAL Newport Guitar from 1962. Today they are played by people like David Bowie, The Cure, Calexico and White Stripes. Original MAP Res-O-Glas models now sell for $3,000-$5,000.
ARTISTS WHO PLAY THIS INSTRUMENT:
- Seye Adelekan (Gorillaz)
FEATURES & SPECS
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Colours: Black, Seafoam Green, White
- Pickups: Two Alnico Hot-10 Humbuckers
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic bridge, trapeze tail
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Pau Ferro, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 30 1/2"
- Width at the Nut: 1 5/8"
- Hardware: Grover Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario #45-#100 Medium Scale
- Unique Features: NATIONAL Style Striped Pickguard
- Case / Gig Bag (Not Included): Optional Add-On