Ashdown AGM-684C Guitar Combo
Ashdown AGM-684C Guitar Magnifier 45W 1 x 12 combo.
Hand built in the UK Custom Shop using only the finest hand selected components the AGM-684 is a hugely versatile 1x12” combo fitted with a single Celestion Creamback G-12 M speaker.
At the heart of The AGM-684 lies a truly magical power section made up of 6 x EL84 power valves, running in Class A –AB 1 (cathode bias system). This feature allows guitarists to replace output valves (should the need arise) without having to call on a tech to re-bias the amplifier. Plug and play at it’s best giving you a great tone, gig after gig.
With 45 watts of smooth harmonically rich tone and six differing output power levels via Triode/pentode switching the 684's sweet spot is easy to find, whatever the gig. Pentode mode allows 45, 30 or 15 watt output and Triode mode gives 22, 15 and 8 watt output.
The 684 features two channels with independent 3 band EQ's providing clean, crunch and overdriven tones whilst a 3 spring genuine ‘Accutronics’ tank provides sumptuous valve driven reverb whenever required.
A valve driven and recovered FX loop allows for the player’s favourite modulation/time based FX pedals to run straight into the power amp without loss of quality. Whilst Humbucker and Single Coil inputs allow for perfect instrument matching – further optimising your tone even before you’ve turned your amplifier on.
The unique ‘Cascade’ control allows the player to fine tune the level of gain available to channel 2, providing more clean headroom to crunch tones or increasing the pre amp voltage for earlier saturation and overdriven tones.
Full Dual channel Pre amplifier with individual Equalisation and channel volume controls- footswitch selectable
- Channel 2 features an additional Cascade control for high gain tones
- Dual voiced inputs and mute switch for silent instrument changes
- 4 x JJ Electronics ECC83s preamplifier tubes
- Bass, middle, treble controls for each channel
- Overall master volume control
- Genuine Accutronics Valve driven reverb spring Tank and
- level control
- Series valve driven and recovered effects loop with defeat
- Multi Mode Power amplifier with 6 power output levels
- Triode / pentode operation
- 45, 30 and 15 watts output pentode mode
- 22, 15 and 8 watts output in Triode mode
- 6 x JJ Electronics EL84 valves
- 8 and 16 Ohm speaker output for use with a different
- speaker cabinets
- Plywood Tolex covered classically styled cabinet fitted with
- Celestion Creamback speaker