Catalinbread Formula No. 55 Tweed Deluxe-style Overdrive
Foundational Overdrive Wails with 5E3 Tweed Deluxe Tone
Are you looking for an ultra-dynamic, sensitive pedal that excels at everything from fat jazzy woodiness to barking overdrive? The Catalinbread Formula No. 55 Tweed Deluxe-style Overdrive can serve capably as your go-to source for Tweed Deluxe tone stack circuitry in a pedalboard-friendly format. As the foundation of your pedalboard setup, this JFET-driven little monster is versatile enough for all kinds of playing styles and music genres, and it's made to draw the best out of any pedals you stack with it — just like a great Tweed Deluxe amp. The Formula No. 55 has up-front Presence, Tone, Master, and Volume controls within easy reach, and the front-and-center Hi/Lo button lets you choose between vintage tweed tone and the effect you get when you put higher-gain tubes in your amp.
Gear that makes you want to play
The self-avowed gearheads at Catalinbread focus on making musical devices that they want to use themselves — "gear that gets us excited and inspires us to play." The result of that authentic focus and unwavering integrity is the type of innovation that isn't market-driven; Catalinbread creates its own market for products players love, whether overdrive, delay/reverb, fuzz/distortion, or tremolo/modulation pedals (many of which are available at Sweetwater). The Formula No. 55 is a great example of Catalinbread's exciting, inspiring innovation.
Catalinbread Formula No. 55 Tweed Deluxe-style Overdrive Features:
- Foundation series overdrive emulates classic tube amp sound — in a small footprint pedal
- Pedalboard-friendly, digitized Tweed Deluxe 5E3 circuitry for vintage overdrive sounds
- Presence (5kHz range level control), Tone (dark/light control) Master (output level), and Volume (gain) controls are topside for easy manipulation
- Control your stage amplitude while preserving sensitivity and expressive dynamics
- Hi/Lo switch lets you choose between vintage tweed sound and high-octane gain
- Powered with 9V battery or 9V-18V negative tip DC power supply only (neither is included)
- All-metal chassis with distinctive Formula 55 tube graphics looks great and is built to last
- Made in the USA
- Pedal Type: Overdrive
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- True Bypass: Yes
- Power Source: 9-18V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries: 1 x 9V
- Power Usage: 5mA