Crazy Tube Cirquits Splash reverb, 2020
For this new incarnation of Splash reverb we took all the algorithms of the multi-awarded mk3 version, the plate and shimmer algorithm from Sidekick and added 3 more exciting reverb algorithms, two modulated and one flanged freeze reverb algorithm.
On top of that we added the extra flexibility of controlling decay and excite controls on all algorithms via an external expression pedal and / or the on-board footswitch thus creating the ultimate ambient tones.
The dry signal is still 100% all analog and we chose to do all the mixing and filtering of the wet signal also in the analog domain to get the best of both worlds.
- Algorithm I: The “exciter”. From a touch of ambience to spacious pad effect, especially on extreme settings. Taken from Splash mk3 with a small twist for extra decay.
- Algorithm II: moderate sized reverb. From a spring style reverb up to room and hall. Taken from Splash mk3. Medium decay.
- Algorithm III : large reverb. From hall to ambience. Taken from Splash mk3 with a small twist for extra decay.
- Algorithm IV: plate style reverb. Taken from Sidekick. Medium decay.
- Algorithm V: shimmer : High pitched harmonics ambience. Taken from Sidekick with a small twist for extra decay.
- Algorithm VI: modulated I – faster spinning – extra long decay.
- Algorithm VII: modulated II – fuller sounding, long to infinite decay.
- Algorithm VIII: flanged freeze reverb, short to infinite decay.