Foxgear Rainbow, multireverb
The latest entry to date is the Foxgear Rainbow. The Rainbow Reverb is the ultimate digital reverb effect. The Rainbow is based on the well known and reliable DSP FV-1 used in most of the boutique pedals in the market, and offers 5 reverb presets that include 2 mind-blowing shimmering algorithms in addition to the other 2 classic reverb effects and an innovative and inspiring “RotaryVerb” (imagine to putting an old rotary speaker right in the middle of the Pantheon temple in Rome…) These features are all at a fraction of what other boutique pedals cost.
The Foxgear Rainbow, like all other Foxgear pedals, keeps the signal path 100% analog, with audio capacitors (no SMD) in the signal path and true bypass relay, which avoids any undesired effect to your tone while running in front of your amp or in the FX loop. At the core of the Rainbow is the upper central selector that works in synergy with the “Multi” control. This control has specific yet differing roles depending on the algorithm selected, and Tone and Deep controls work to help you to reach unexpected nuances in any algorithm.
Easy to use and designed for superlative sound, the Foxgear Rainbow is a great addition to any rig, novice to pro. The FoxGear Rainbow Reverb's immense tonal capabilities, along with its small size and affordability make it the smart choice for reverb.
- Smart dimensions: The pedals from the Foxgear Professional Compact series measure only 2,3” x 4,7” x 1,1”, and thanks to their top mounted jacks, they can easily fit in any pedalboard. Compared to other manufacturer’s lesser-quality, side-jack mounted micro-pedals, you can fit 4 Foxgear pedals in the same space normally needed for 3 of the other manufacturer’s micro-pedals.
- Quality: Foxgear pedals are constructed with non-SMD components in the audio path, with analog design, and high-quality components like Wima capacitors, real Alpha 16mm pots, non-plastic trimmers, and a true bypass circuit that includes Panasonic golden pin relays. That’s why all Foxgear pedals are covered with a full 5 Year warranty!!
- Shimmer: The Shimmer effect is a well-known kind of reverb tail that mimics the sound of strings or organ that rise up behind your notes and follows the harmony of the chords you are playing for an outstanding result.
- Celestial: more shimmer! High pitched and different frequency harmonics mimic a more effective organ/string carpet, organic, dynamic and touch responsive, so creative! (Deep Control changes the frequency used for the shimmer effect)
- Rotary Verb: imagine placing an old rotary speaker in the middle of the empty Panthenon in Rome. With the Multi control you can change the lFO rate to increase or decrease the modulation.
- Church: one of the coolest reverb effects, uses the Deep control to move from your local church to a larger Gothic Chathedral.
- Spring: emulate an analog spring reverb allowing you chose the length with Deep control, and Lo- cut filtering with the Multi control.