Gamechanger Plasma distorsion
The PLASMA Pedal is a revolutionary way of producing distortion by converting your instrument’s signal into a series of high-voltage plasma discharges in a sealed xenon filled tube.
The result is an incredibly sharp and sizzling overdrive that is extremely clear, responsive, and most importantly fun! This patent-pending technology of high-voltage electric discharge also acts as a natural noise-gating device that creates strong contrasts between staccato notes, as well as eliminating all unwanted noise and pick-up hum. The PLASMA Pedal’s electric discharge tube produces beautiful visible bolts of lightning that react to the input signal, thus creating a captivating experience for all players. In essence – you are playing a bolt of electricity.
Natural Noise Gate
As soon as you stop playing the electrical discharge within the gas-filled tube is interrupted, and the pedal will not produce any output signal at all. This feature allows you to achieve extreme contrasts between individual notes, by eliminating all of the in-between noises created by the instrument’s pick-ups or by humming strings.
Blend in your clean sound or your already overdriven sound to produce unique dirty sounds. Experiment with gated PLASMA sound and unaffected clean sound mixed together. Put it even in your amps FX loop and use the blend knob.
Extremely Wide EQ
The PLASMA pedal loses the original dry input signal and creates a new signal from fluctuations in the electromagnetic field surrounding the gas-discharge tube. This allows for a very wide range of frequencies. Boost and cut the lows and highs with the dedicated knobs. The EQ can be switched to affect only the wet sound or dry sound, which is especially suitable for bass.
Unique Harmonic Saturation
PLASMA pedal converts your instrument’s signal into a rapid series of electric discharges, which results in a large amount of non-linear harmonic saturation that causes extremely rich and responsive attacks, and brings out screeching sharp overtones and harmonics. These harmonic artifacts, produced as a by-product of the high voltage discharge are uncommon in traditional signal amplification, and therefore PLASMA Pedal’s distortion is unlike anything you have heard before.
- Input Type: 1/4” Unbalanced TS
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Max Input Level: 7Vpp (+10dBu)
- Output Type: 1/4” Unbalanced TS
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Max Output Level: 7Vpp (+10dBu)
- Power connector: Center negative 2.1 x 5.5 mm barrel plug (the standard 9V)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 22kHz
- Controls: True bypass foot-switch button, Potentiometers: BLEND, VOLTAGE, VOLUME, LOW FREQ, HI FREQ, CLAEN EQ toggle switch
- Indicator: Check indicator white LED
- Connectors: IN, OUT, DC input
- Power Requirements: 300mA, 9VDC
- Peak Power Consumption2.7 W
- Mean Power Consumption1 W
- Power Consumption while silent0.025 W
- Dimensions: LWH 148 x 96 x 70 mm / 5.1 x 3.8 x 2.8 in
- Weight: 840 g / 1.8 lbs