Green ST Special Edition, Chicago Blue Burst
Green ST Special Edition, Chicago Blue Burst - black pickguard
Green ST Special Edition is a truly delicious "lead guitar". A stylish flamed maple top on an alder body.
We have chosen pickups with a slightly higher output, which means that the character is different than a traditional strat. More power and a warmer sound with less "spiky" treble. The pickups are very prone to distortion.
You can squeeze in a proper amount of distortion and the sound gets fat and beautiful. We have strengthened this a bit further by allowing the bridge pu, normally very sharp, going through a tone pot. This peels off some highs and you can control the tone easy on the guitar instead of having to tune the amplifier. Just roll off some treble tones if you want a fatter sound.
The guitar has a good sustain, thanks to a combination of good woods and hot pickups. Excellently suited as a solo guitar.
The neck is thin and beautiful and it is a D-profile, fast and comfortable. The action is low and it is comfortable and easy to play on. It is relatively light weight so you can stand and play it for a long gig without aching back and neck. Mechanics such as bridge, tuners, pots and pickup selector is really good quality being a guitar in this price level. It surprises us that you can get a this good and exclusive guitar for so little money.
Are you looking for a really neat strat with a good "fat" sound at a modest price, this is really a good choice. Perhaps as a complement to a more traditional strat.
- Body of American alder, top of flamed maple
- D-neck in American hard maple (width at nut 42 mm. First fret thickness: 20 mm, width: 43 mm 12th fret thickness: 22 mm, width: 51.5 mm)
- Fretboard in maple. 25.5 "scale, 22 medium jumbo frets
- Tremolo bridge, 3 x Green Hot Pickups
- 1 volume and 2 tone controls, 5-way pickup selector,
- Strings 010-046 D'Addario
- Hardware in chrome. Weight approx 3.5kg
- Colors: Cherry Sunburst, Chicago Blue, Chicago Blue Burst