Hiwatt CUSTOM SUPER-HI50, 50W head
2 895,00 €
Custom Hiwatt Super-Hi 50 Head
Welcome to Hiwatt’s ‘Next Generation’ amplifier, the CUSTOM SUPER-HI.
Building on the Legendary DR504 circuit, this is a Hiwatt modded for extreme Hi-Gain like no other by esteemed amp guru, Mike Fortin. Four cascading gain stages, (controlled by the SUPER-HI footswitch), take full advantage of traditional Hiwatt punch delivering an impressively wide soundscape with unmatched depth, tightness, clarity and control. The SUPER-HI has classic Hiwatt at its core and offers rich and focused delivery that is especially suited for drop tunings. Add in an Effects Loop, dual Gains and dual Master Volumes plus foot-switchable fourth tube gain-stage, this amp allows the most demanding guitarists the ability to shape the sounds and carve the exact gain and tone they are searching for - The Hiwatt CUSTOM SUPER-HI 50 is a full-on Fortin face melter.
- Four cascading gain stages with an additional boost provided by the Custom Shop SUPER-HI Footswitch (included).
- Extreme high gain tones that don’t fall apart. Push this beast to your heart’s content, maintaining constant clarity, articulation, and responsiveness, even in low tunings.
- Hiwatt’s premiere offering for low tunings and baritone instruments.
- Effects loop running after the high-gain preamp section for your lush time-based or modulation effects.
- Based on the the original DR504 circuit, this amp loves pedals in front and in the effects loop, faithful to its predecessor.
Channels: Gain 1, Gain 2
Inputs: Single Input — Channels switched with the Custom Shop Super-Hi Footswitch (included) 1/4" Footswitch Input
Output: 2 x 1/4" Speaker Out
Preamp Valves: 4 x ECC83 (12AX7)*
Output Valves: 2 x EL34* Optionally replace one ECC83 for phase inverter with an ECC81 (12AT7)
Controls: Gain 1, Gain 2, 3-Band EQ shared by both channels — Bass, Treble, Middle, Presence — Treble Boost shared by both channels, Master Volume 1, Master Volume 2, Standby — On/Off, Mains — On/Off
Voltage: Switchable using World Voltage Selector on the rear panel — 100V, 115V, 230V, or 240V
Impedance: Switchable using Impedance Selector on the rear panel — 4 Ω, 8 Ω, or 16 Ω
Based on Hiwatt’s original circuit designed by Dave Reeves. Original Partridge spec English transformers. Meticulously hand-wired to Harry Joyce’s exacting military standards.
Proudly manufactured in our Custom Shop in Doncaster, England.
Road Ready — Rugged 18mm Birch-Ply Construction
Band Ready — ’Burned In’ and Tested by our Custom Shop Technicians
Touring Ready — World Voltage and Impedance Selectors
Height: 280mm (12")Width: 630mm (25")Depth: 280mm (12")
This product is proudly handcrafted and built to order for you in our Custom Shop in Doncaster, England.