Taurus Stomp-Head SH8.Qube
Taurus Stomp-Head 8.Qube,
Ultralight 130W analog guitar amp. Master Tube Design Technology.
The amplifier is distinguished by the excellent sound characteristic of tube amplifiers.
The amp has an exceptionally friendly sustain and tube compression. It perfectly shapes the tone and makes it easy to play while maintaining proper articulation while playing. The MASSIVE and BOOST makes a guitarist-friendly sound saturation and a kind of rapacity.
The amplifier is equipped with a unique feature that allows to connect both a guitar cabinet and a full-range PA or Hi-Fi cabinet. The analog module with the SPEAKER CABINET SELECTOR switch is used for this purpose.
SH-8.Qube can be used in various configurations:
- as a classic amplifier. There are 2 power levels to choose from:
25W and 50W.
- as a preamp connected directly to the mixer and PA system using the built-in speaker cabinet simulation.
The amplifier can be used without connecting a speaker. If a speaker cabinet is not connected, the power stage of the amp is not active.
- DRIVE, BOOST, REVERB, SPEAKER CABINET SELECTOR, PHONES OUT, AUX-IN, AUX-LOOP, Power supply for effect pedals -9V/DC.
Additional options include AUX input, Headphone Output and BLUETOOTH. This allows to practice with background music or perform solos with musical accompaniment.
If the broadband cabinet is used, the signal from the background music will be reproduced naturally (wide-band) and the guitar will join the backing track with its own path with a guitar cabinet's sound characteristic.
Stomp-Head SH8.Qube is a fully analog design devoid of digital simulation factors based on our own Master Tube Design technology. The amplifier is extremely easy to use and contains everything that is necessary in the guitarist's workshop.
If you are looking for amplifiers with very small dimensions and weight, and at the same time you care about the excellent sound characteristic of tube amplifiers, the SH8.Cube will be the perfect choice.
Amplifier power matter. Like all Stomp-Head designs of the Taurus, the power amplifier has twice as much power reserve than is actually used. This is to prevent the power stage from over-driving and to obtain the right dynamics (headroom) when playing at its full power. Thanks to this, the amp always plays with the same power at different speaker impedance: 4.8 and 16ohm.
In the case of SH8, the efficiency of the power stage is 100W and its real volume is the same as in the case of a 50W traditional tube amplifier.
• Power stage efficiency: 130Watt
• Power output selector: 50W, 25W
• Speakers impedance auto detection: 4,8 and 16ohm
• Tubes: 12AX7 / ECC83
• 2 channels: CLEAN i DRIVE
• 3- footswitches: REVERB, CLEAN-DRIVE and BOOST
BASS, MIDDLE + RANGE switch, TREBLE, PRESENCE, DRIVE , DRIVE LEVEL, REVERB, VOLUME
• MASSIVE – sound saturation
• SPEAKER CABINET SELECTOR: guitar cabinet / full range cabinet
• BOOST increases output signal level and makes sound slightly "crunchy".
• Serial EFFECT LOOP
with Speaker Simulation. Allows send linear signal with simulation
(PIN) or without simulation (RING) or both simultaneously
• PHONES output
• AUX-IN for phones section
• BLUETOOTCH the ability to play background music from the phone, etc.
• Power supply for effect pedals: 9V/300mA output
• Main power suplply range: 90-240V
• Housing dimensions: (H x W x D) 60 x 185 x 175 mm
• Overall dimensions: (H x W x D) 78 x 185 x 175 mm
• Weight: 1,5kg