Vintage 'Virtuoso' Electro-Acoustic Folk Guitar ~ Rory Evans Natural
The 'Virtuoso' Rory Evans single cutaway electro-acoustic guitar, is aptly named after one of the UK's finest fingerstyle guitar players, noted for his incredible speed and accuracy, he's a shining example of today's breed of young guitar players, forever pushing boundaries and inspiring others.
For comfort, accuracy and speed, Rory Evans asked for a slim mahogany neck with a soft V profile and a pau ferro fingerboard, chosen for its gorgeous looks, naturally silky lustre, warm tonal response and snappy attack. Grade A spruce is the choice for the soundboard, selected for its tight grain, broad dynamic range and popular with fingerstyle players for its articulation and note separation.
For a warm, woody tone, the Virtuoso's back and sides are constructed from acacia, while fine appointments include maple body bindings, black/white/black purfling and a charming maple/acacia soundhole rosette.
Both the spruce top and acacia body have an open-pore finish, as requested by Rory. "I also wanted an open-pore finish", he explains, "which I feel has a dramatic effect on acoustic guitars, within sustain, clarity and most importantly, fast note transmission.
Hardware also includes a Fishman Presys Blend Preamp System, gold plated Grover 102G Rotomatic smooth-geared machine heads, gold strap buttons and ¼ inch jack/XLR outputs.
- Top: Grade ‘A’ Solid Spruce.
- Back & Sides: Acacia.
- Binding: Maple with black/white/black purfling.
- Soundhole Rosette: Maple/Acacia.
- Neck: Mahogany, slim with a soft ‘V’ shape.
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro.
- Frets: 21.
- Neck Inlays: Maple Dot.
- Tuners: Grover® 102G Rotomatic, Gold.
- Preamp: Fishman® Presys Blend.
- Pickups: Fishman® Sonicore.
- Controls: Anti-Feedback, Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Brilliance, Blend, Phase, and built-in tuner with LED Display.